eyebobs and Clockwork Partner on Website Redesign
eyebobs, the national eyeglass maker based in the Twin Cities, launched a redesigned website on July 12th. The new direct sales site showcases the brand’s whimsical personality, allows the company to tell their story, and has a smooth and simple customer experience.
The new website was a collaboration between eyebobs, Clockwork, Rocket Web, and Ideas That Kick. Clockwork did the digital strategy and design, Rocket Web completed the UX and production, and Ideas That Kick was the branding partner. The outcome is an engaging ecommerce experience.
"The new eyebobs website gives our consumers a significantly improved experience, with 360 degree imaging, our new virtual try on tool, and a fresh look that takes the experience to another level. It maintains the ‘irreverent and slightly jaded’ personality our consumers have come to expect, and allows us to rapidly scale and expand into new categories,” said Mike Hollenstein, Vice President, Consumer Direct, eyebobs.
How we helped their business
In the strategist and design roles, we helped align eyebob’s business objectives with their digital experience.
- Developed customer personas to identify customer goals and motivations.
- Mapped customer journey across channels to determine opportunities.
- Developed Page Description Diagrams to prioritize content and goals for the new website — and to guide Rocket Web’s wire frames.
- Outlined a storytelling framework that defined how and when to use various tools through which eyebobs can tell their story, helping to ensure customers see relevant content and are guided to purchase.
- Designed a new digital visual direction for the site that highlights product craftsmanship while staying out of the way of what the visitors want to do: purchase.
Melanie Shirley, eyebobs VP of Marketing, reflected, “Clockwork has been a long-standing partner of eyebobs, so when it came time to replatform our site, they were the perfect choice to lead the front end design. They are well-steeped in the eyebobs brand and were able to take our new identity and bring it to life digitally.”
Clockwork & eyebobs
Clockwork and eyebobs’ partnership began seven years ago in 2010 with another website redesign project. Since then, we’ve been a consistent digital partner for them as they’ve grown.
Great clients. Great partners. Great work. It’s as simple as that.