Even though I have an iPod I wanted something to use as a voice recorder for podcasting. Many podcasters use the iRiver and, lucky me, my wife got me one for Father’s Day. It is really cool. While its capacity is a fraction of a decent iPod, it has other advantages:
1. It has a built-in microphone for voice recording.
2. It has a built-in FM tuner so you can listen to and record the radio.
3. It is super small and super lightweight.
4. It runs on a single AA battery which seems to last a damn long time.
5. It’s cheap! < $150. I got this one.